Macaque causes power cut in Hua Hin

HUA HIN - An area of the seaside resort town of Hua Hin was left without power for one hour on Wednesday when a macaque monkey suffered a 22,000 volt shock after climbing an electricity pylon.

Hua Hin police and electricity officials rushed to the residential compound of the municipality office on Phetkasem Road after reports that a male macaque had been seriously injured from being electrocuted.

They said the animal may have lost its way, wandered into the town and climbed an electricity pylon supporting 22,000 volt power lines before it was electrocuted.

The animal's mishap caused a power outage to the area around the municipality office for an hour. Full power was restored to the town by 10.30am.

The macaque was sent to veterinarians at Kasetsart University Hospital in Hua Hin district, Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Share your thoughts

Back to top

More From