Glass soft-drink bottles warning

Consumers are being warned that glass soft-drink bottles may explode if left out in the sun in hot weather.

Share on Google+
LINE it!

Dr Thapanawong Tanguraiwan, an eye specialist at Phra Nangklao Hospital, issued the warning after a worker at a soft-drink bottling plant was injured when a glass bottle burst while it was being transported during the Songkran holiday.

The worker suffered a torn pupil and bleeding iris.

The ophthalmologist said when soft drink bottles are exposed to the sun or kept under intense heat, the carbon dioxide inside will expand and could cause the glass containers to explode.

Share your thoughts

Back to top

More From