Fire at chemical waste factory

RATCHABURI – A fire at a chemical waste recycling factory in Jom Bueng district early Thursday morning destroyed three warehouses and their contents.

The fire began at the Wax Garbage Recycle Centre Co in tambon Rang Bua of Jom Bueng district about 5am. Aty least 10 fire trucks were sent to combat the flames.

The fire started in a building storing inflammable materials such as recycled paints, plastic containers and gasoline, the source of bomb-like sounds during the inferno.

Three of five warehouses at the factory complex and their contents were destroyed by the blaze. Police suspected it was started by an electrical short circuit, Pol Cap Jarin Thiengtham, a case officer at Jom Bueng police station, said.

The factory recycles industrial waste such as plastic pellets, dish washer liquid, paints and other chemical materials. It earlier had problems with surrounding communities with complaints of water pollution and fool odours.

The factory was also hit by fire on March 16, 2013.  The estimated damage is still under evaluation.

Share your thoughts

Back to top

More From