Chatchai Phromlert, director-general of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation, said Thursday that 10 bodies had been recovered from the site of the fallen six-storey U-Place Condotel in Khlong Luang district.
The accident in Moo 2 village of Khlong Hok sub-district also injured 25 people, five of whom remained hospitalised, he said.
While authorities yesterday ended their search for survivors, the recovery operation for bodies is continuing. Compensation also is being arranged for victims.
Thienrat Nawamawat, labour chief of Pathum Thani, said seven more bodies were retrieved Wednesday from the rubble of the building intended to be a vocational-college dormitory. Three bodies were found earlier.
The five men and two woman victims were identified as Klairung Thabkhonburi, Phiab Mongkhol, Sitthichoke Kaemmanee, Thanakorn Treemek, Danai Suksom, Sunee (surname unknown) and Im Krua, a Cambodian labourer.
Officials believed the bodies of two Thais and two migrant workers remain buried.
Assistant police chief Pol Lt Gen Jaramporn Suramanee said Thursday that forensic police were deployed to help verify the identification of recovered victims.
He added that, within a week, police would determine if the construction materials used met standards, he said.