The order was made in a meeting Thursday between municipal, police and military officers and 22 owners of food shops operating in the same beach area near Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa and Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas.
Hua Hin district chief officer Pornchai Thomkracharng said the vendors had been violating regulations for a long time, building semi-permanent facilities and cooking on the beach. Under the removal order, they will be allowed to operate until Sunday and must start dismantling their illegal structures on Monday or municipal officials and military officers would do it for them. The demolition should take about five days.
After that, the 22 operators can move to a reserved area where they will be required to cook under tents provided by authorities and erect beach chairs and tables in a limited number and space. Each vendor must take all their cooking equipment home but can keep their beach chairs and beach umbrellas in a nearby reserved area.
The group must stop their operations every Wednesday.
On complaints about overpriced food, officials and the vendors also agreed to set median prices for certain dishes such as 45 baht for a plate of som tum Thai, 150 baht for pad kra prao talay, 250 baht for seafood talay, and 10 baht for a bottle of water.
The vendors were ordered to install signs outlining their menu and prices at spots where customers could see them clearly, Mr Pornchai added.
Violators would get a warning for a first-time offence, a seven-day ban from selling food for a second offence and must stop operating and leave for a third offence.
No new vendor is allowed to replace the violator, Mr Pornchais said, adding the operators would be asked to sign agreements relating to new regulations with authorities.