Girl dies, parents injured in house fire

A 14-year-old girl was killed and her father and mother seriously injured in a fire early Tuesday at a house in village in tambon Phailom of Phachi district in Ayutthaya province, reports said.

Share on Google+
LINE it!

Nine members of an extended family of rice farmers were in the two-storey house in village 4 when the fire broke out about 2am.

Sudchai Laipali, 68, and his wife Pramuan, 66, were sleeping on the ground floor.  Their eldest daughter, Jiraporn, 47, and her husband Thongdee Somdang, 47, and their two daughters were in one room on the upper floor.  Sleeping in another room on the upper floor were their younger daughter Rungnapa, 36, her husband Kamporn Pudpongsai, 47, and their one-year-old son Polpat.

When the fire began those on the upper floor jumped from the windows to the ground. However Praewpailin, 14, a daughter of Thongdee and Jiraporn, was trapped inside.

The girl, a student of Ayutthaya Withayalai School, was died in the blaze, and her father and mother were seriously injured trying vainly to rescue her.

Two fire engines eventually arrived and put out the flames. It was believed the fire was started by an electrical short-circuit.

Share your thoughts

Back to top

More From