Close

Not as bad as it looks

Photo from Dhiravath Suantan's Twitter account: @ARMdhiravath

"Get audio & vocabulary bubbles for this article, touch here."

A fire broke out at a restaurant at CentralWorld shopping centre, sending up a lot of smoke, but causing little damage.

Please join us on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/bangkokpostlearning

Small fire hits restaurant at CentralWorld

Online reporters

A fire broke out at a restaurant at CentralWorld shopping centre shortly after midday on Saturday, with no report of injuries.

After the incident was reported via the police hotline 191, fire trucks from the Banthat Thong unit rushed to the shopping mall while several tweeted about the fire.

Songphol Thammongkol, chief of the Banthat Thong fire fighter unit, said the fire started at an exhaust hood at Hua Seng Hong Chinese-food restaurant on the sixth floor at 12.10pm and spread to burn the ceiling of a restaurant on the sixth floor. It was put out within 15 minutes.

He said the incident did not affect the building structure. The shopping mall remains open as usual.

RECOMMENDED STORIES

Back to top