What's trending and happening this week
- 15 Jul 2017 at 04:00
- WRITER: PONTAKORN URAPEEPATANAPONG AND NILLAPAT SANCHAICHANA
1. It's been seven years, but winter is finally coming. Monday will mark the seventh season premiere of the acclaimed series, Game Of Thrones. Opening the season at 8am on HBO will be the episode Dragonstone, which sees Jon Snow organising the defences for the North, Cersei trying to even the odds and Daenerys coming home (finally!). While the season will see the return of regulars like Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke, new members of Season 7 include Jim Broadbent, Tom Hopper, Megan Parkinson and Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran. The series will also be streaming on HBO and HBO Go on AIS Play and AIS Playbox.
2. For the second time, English metalcore quintet While She Sleeps will be performing live in Bangkok, featuring the Japanese hardcore quartet Crystal Lake. The two groups will take to the stage on Tuesday at Hollywood Awards Bangkok. Founded in Sheffield, England, in 2006, While She Sleeps has released three studio albums, most recently You Are We this year. Crystal Lake was first founded in 2002 in Tokyo and has since released five albums. Tickets are on sale at Gram Siam Paragon, 4th floor.
3. In tribute to the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, known for his musical talent, two performances of New Orleans Jazz -- His Majesty's Favorites will be held at K-Bank Siam Pic-Ganesha Theatre, 7th floor, Siam Square One today and tomorrow. The New Orleans Jazz All Stars brings together the best of the best among New Orleans jazz musicians including bassist Mitchell Player, drummer Gerald French and guitarist Todd Duke. Jazz enthusiasts may purchase tickets online at ThaiTicketMajor.com, with a starting price of 800 baht.
4. This is a call for all drummers. This Saturday at 2pm, Theera Music play host to a drum workshop with Note Weerachat, known for his drum cover videos on YouTube. For the Drum Clinic, Weerachat will be teaching a number of techniques essential to aspiring drummers. Topics covered will include hand & foot combinations, linear grooves and gospel fills. Admission is free and the first 50 people to register will receive a free Evans T-shirt. For further information, call 02-424-8988 or 02-424-9959.
5. Leica is pleasing its camera fans with the launch of Leica TL2 -- a particular hallmark being the unusual design of its compact body. The Leica TL2 is equipped with a newly developed 24MP CMOS sensor in APS and an equally new Maestro II series, along with various video recording modes. In addition, its integrated Wi-Fi module allows users to wirelessly transfer photos to smartphones on the spot. The new camera comes in black and silver, while accessories and carrying straps come in color-co-ordinated stone-grey, black, red, yellow and cemento.