What's trending and happening this week
- 12 Aug 2017 at 04:00
- WRITER: APIPAR NORAPOOMPIPAT
1. If you're still looking for a last minute Mother's Day gift, Thann's moisturising Eden Breeze Body Butter may be the perfect choice. Created with natural resources and the latest technology, the product promises to moisturise and make the skin glow even six hours after use. Made from natural extracts using nano technology, the Nano Shisho extract offers an antioxidant benefit, the Imperata Cylindrica extract keeps skin moisturised for long periods of time, the liquorice extract reduces dark spots and makes the skin radiant, the cocoa butter protects skin from dryness and the jojoba oil, which is rich in vitamin E, is good for intensive care. The Eden Breeze Body Butter's warm and homey scent includes jasmine, rose and guaiac wood from Paraguay, which relieves tension and insomnia. At Thann Boutiques for 1,550 baht.
2. Those looking forward to a relaxing weekend can catch the premiere of Becoming Warren Buffet tomorrow at 9pm on HBO Signature and HBO Go via AIS Play and AIS Playbox. A candid documentary which chronicles the life of the billionaire investor, it sheds new light on one of the richest and most respected men in the world. Told in his own voice, the documentary features never-before-seen home videos of family, photographs and archived footage, and takes audiences on the highs and lows of his career and personal life.
3. If live music is your jam, The Living Room at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is the place to listen to New York jazz singer, songwriter and trumpeter Idris Dawud and his quartet Milestones. Playing every Wednesday and Thursday from 9.15pm and Sundays at the Sunday Jazzy Brunch from 12.15-3pm, Dawud, with his soulful vocals, engaging trumpet and exciting original compositions will assure an entertaining time.
4. Terminal 21 at Asok is getting into Mother's Day celebrations with their To Mom With Love 2017 fair, which runs until Aug 15. Taking place on the LG, G and M floors, the fair will feature an exhibition dedicated to honour Her Royal Majesty Queen Sirikit, along with a selection of elegant products for those looking for a special gift.
5. Bangkok CityCity Gallery is back with another engaging exhibition, To Whom It May Concern, being the first group exhibition since the gallery opened its doors. As the first stage of a collaboration project between numerous Thai artists living abroad, the exhibition invites visitors to examine processes of transferring and forwarding opportunities, exchange dialogues and learn to embrace limitations and failures together with artists, researchers and art and cultural practitioners. Collaborating artists are Kittisak Chonthong, Chulayarnnon Siriphol, Nuttapon Sawasdee, Namfon Udomlertlak, Pisitakun Kuntalang and Sina Wittayawiroj, who will run activities until Sept 3. The opening party takes place tomorrow at 1pm.