'Spate of death threats' led to massacre
Failed shooting plot 'set off' Krabi suspect
- 18 Jul 2017 at 04:00
- WRITER: POST REPORTERS
Eyewitnesses including employees of the accused massacre masterminds, seen here (purple hat) with police at the spot where they dumped vehicles and weapons, are the key to sorting out the eight-year family feuds that ended last week in bloodshed. (Photo courtesy Royal Thai Police)
The mastermind behind the massacre of eight family members, including three children, in Krabi accused late family head, Worayut Sanglang, of trying to shoot him once, triggering a series of events that led to the grisly murders on July 10.
The assault resulted from a land mortgage conflict between Worayut and suspected mastermind Surikfat Bannopwongsakul, aka Bang Fath, in which Worayut allegedly threatened to shoot Mr Surikfat, city police chief investigator Pol Maj Gen Itthipol Atchariyapradit said yesterday.
The 41-year-old suspect, who is being detained at the 15th Infantry Battalion in Krabi's Khlong Thom district, claimed Worayut tried to attack him, but he did not report it to police. "This accusation must be verified," Pol Maj Gen Itthipol said.
25 Sep 2017 at 11:39
12 Sep 2017 at 12:01
11 Sep 2017 at 10:20
4 Sep 2017 at 10:40
30 Aug 2017 at 15:22
28 Aug 2017 at 17:35