Somboon Charoenchantakarn, 57, said he will self immolate in front of Government House next Tuesday in protest at the school's decision not to accept his daughter into Matthayom 4, despite officials from the Ministry of Education informing him earlier that his daughter would get a seat.
Instead, he said, the ministry backtracked and asked the school to tell him that his daughter was still not eligible to continue her studies at Bodindecha and suggested she enrol at a different school.
Mr Somboon's threat came just three days after four other Matthayom 3 students ended a hunger strike protesting their rejection by the school.
Mr Somboon's daughter was among 57 Matthayom 3 Bodindecha students whose applications to enrol in Matthayom 4 at the school were rejected.
He said his daughter should be allowed to continue at the school because her cumulative grade point average (GPA) was higher than those who passed the entrance exam.
Mr Somboon declined to say what his daughter's GPA was.
"I want my daughter to study there [Bodindecha School] as it is located near my house," he said.
Wisarut Kullabut - one of the four rejected Matthayom 3 students at Bodindecha who went on hunger strike in front of Government House last week - yesterday reported back to enrol at the school after he was informed that new seats had opened up due to some admitted students rejecting the opportunity to study there.
The school said there are currently 30 seats available.
"I feel very sorry for what has happened and I have already apologised to the school director and teachers," Wisarut said.
He said Suwat Wiwattananon, the school director, told him he was accepted because seats had become available, and not because of his hunger strike protest.
Sayan Rungpasak, director of Bangkok's Secondary Educational Service Area 2, said those who were not admitted to study at Bodindecha could apply to study at 13 state-run schools in the nearby area.
Mr Sayan said he had told directors of the schools to prepare seats for the rejected students.
The rejected students can check their schools at http://www.secondary2.obec.go.th and can report to the state-run schools on Monday, he said.
"We have tried our best to provide school seats for all the rejected students," he said.
Mr Sayan expressed concern about Mr Somboon's threat to set himself on fire, saying the matter should be resolved through non-violent means.