Many Bangkok roads closed for Bike Un Ai Rak rehearsal
- 2 Dec 2018 at 12:05
- WRITER: ONLINE REPORTERS
Cyclists rehearse on Ratchadamnoen Avenue in Bangkok on Sunday in preparation for the Bike Un Ai Rak cycling event set for Dec 9. (Photo by Amornthep Chotechalermpong)
Numerous major roads and several bridges in Bangkok were closed from noon Sunday for the rehearsal of the Bike Un Ai Rak 2018 event, to be held across the country on Dec 9, the Metropolitan Police Bureau announced. They reopened just before 7pm.
Roads closed on the Phra Nakhon side of the Chao Phraya river are:
- The entire length of Assadang road.
- Kanlayanamaitri road, between Kanlayanamaitri and Chang Rongsi intersections.
- Bamrungmuang road, between Chang Rongsi and Samranrat intersections.
- Tanao road, between Khok Wua and Sikak Sao Chingcha intersections.
- Fuang Nakhon road, between Sikak Sao Chingcha and Sikak Phraya Si intersections.
- Mahachai road, between Phan Fa and Samranrat intersections, and between Ruan Cham and Sam Yot intersections.
- Charoenkrung road, between Thai Wang and Sua Pa intersections.
- Yaowarat road, between Ratchawong and Wat Tuek intersections.
- Chakrawat road, from Worachak intersection to Phra Pok Klao bridge.
- The entire length of Phahurat road.
- The entire length of Ban Mo road.
Closed on the Thon Buri side are:
- The in-bound side of Borom Ratchachonnani road from Arun Amarin intersection.
- Issarapap road, between Pho Sam Ton and Ban Khaek intersections.
- Arun Amarin road, between Wang Derm and Suksa Nari intersections.
- The Phutthayodfa bridge.
- The Phra Pok Klao bridge.
- Charansanitwong road, at the Tha Phra intersection.
- The Rama 3 bridge.
- The entire length of Chomthong road.
- Rama 2 road, from the expressway ramp to Rama 2 intersection.
- The entire length of Pracha Uthit road.